High 5 assets to be taught in regards to the IBM and Cloudera partnership – IBM Developer
Six months, 4 blogs, three movies, two convention displays, and one wonderful partnership — that’s how I’d describe the IBM and Cloudera partnership to this point. This weblog put up highlights among the finest developer-focused assets that can assist you leverage your knowledge to construct AI-enabled functions.
Earlier this 12 months, IBM and Cloudera introduced that they’d accomplice collectively to create a brand new joint providing: Cloudera Knowledge Platform for IBM Cloud Pak for Knowledge, bringing collectively two main knowledge platforms. The advantages of utilizing boths platforms are outlined within the numerous product pages and centered on safety, scalability, and, after all, combining the most effective applied sciences for knowledge and AI.
Quickly after, a couple of of us on the IBM Developer and Hybrid Cloud Construct Group have been tasked with testing the merchandise, constructing PoCs for purchasers, and creating belongings to be consumed by exterior audiences.
Beneath are our high 5 assets for studying in regards to the IBM and Cloudera partnership. Earlier than we get into it, I wish to give a shout-out to the oldsters that made it attainable: Tim Robinson, Brett Coffmann, Dave Fowler, Marc Chisinevski, and Erik Beebe. Let’s get began!
5. Integrating Cloudera Knowledge Platform and IBM Cloud Pak for Knowledge
What’s a greater strategy to begin than with an outline? This introductory weblog is the primary in a collection printed by the workforce. The weblog put up explains the varied main elements utilized by every platform and the way they convey with one another. It’s one of many longer blogs on this checklist, however balances the technical facets nicely with out going too deep. Undoubtedly place to begin to get acquainted on the partnership.
4. Streaming knowledge to Cloudera and studying from IBM Cloud
The flexibility to handle streams of knowledge is turning into more and more essential as new use circumstances maintain popping up. Between monitoring real-time inventory trades, up-to-the-minute retail stock administration, and ride-sharing apps, streaming knowledge is right here to remain and can solely develop in utilization. The Cloudera Knowledge Platform features a streaming bundle that integrates seamlessly with IBM merchandise. The weblog put up beneath describes learn how to arrange SQL Steam Builder (SSB) to combine with numerous IBM choices, similar to
Databases for PosgresSQL, DataStage, and even IBM Cloud Object Storage.
3. 40 minutes of reside demonstrations on Crowdcast.io
In late October 2021, we carried out a livestream on Crowdcast.io, which that was additionally streamed to Youtube and Twitter. We began the presentation speaking in regards to the two platforms and the worth of mixing them. Then, on the 35-minute mark, we dive into over 40 minutes of hands-on demos that showcase integration factors between Cloudera Knowledge Platform and IBM Cloud Pak for Knowledge.
2. CTO collection: Omkar Nimbalkar and Nadeem Asghar
This video contains IBM Vice President Omkar Nimbalkar and Cloudera CTO Nadeem Asghar as they speak in regards to the enterprise worth of the Cloudera and IBM partnership, what they’re seeing within the subject from clients, and the way they see the know-how panorama altering within the subsequent few years.
1. 10 demos in 10(ish) minutes
In the event you don’t have the time to see your complete livestream above, then this video is for you. It’s a whistlestop tour for seeing how Cloudera Knowledge Platform and IBM Cloud Pak for Knowledge work collectively. Seeing is believing, and in simply over 10 minutes, you’ll see 10 completely different options from the platforms.
And 5 honorable mentions
- Putting in on IBM Cloud — This weblog put up particulars how we put in Cloudera Knowledge Platform on IBM Cloud with open supply Ansible playbooks supplied by Cloudera.
- Demo video — This video covers a use case of a knowledge analyst at a fictional retailer the place she should create a report that pulls knowledge from two completely different sources: one in Db2, operating on IBM Cloud Pak for Knowledge; and one in Hive, operating on Cloudera Knowledge Platform. Instruments similar to BigSQL and Cognos Analytics are lined within the video.
- Streaming with Flink — This video accompanies the SQL Stream Builder weblog put up, going over all of the related configuration and setup that the person must do.
- Classes discovered — This weblog put up particulars among the classes discovered and finest practices we encountered as we maintained the environment for a lot of months.
- Omkar’s slide deck — Nadeem Asghar and Omkar Nimbalkar introduced a joint keynote session on the Chief Knowledge & Analytics Officer Fall 2021 digital summit.
Thanks for studying! We hope you discovered extra in regards to the IBM and Cloudera partnership. You possibly can be taught much more in regards to the Cloudera Knowledge Platform for IBM Cloud Pak for Knowledge by trying out the product web page or by visiting the IBM Hybrid Knowledge Administration Neighborhood to put up questions and speak to our specialists.